1. Book your appointment on-line if you like, you will receive a confirmation SMS
2. At your first appointment you will have a consultation with a therapist, they will explain exactly what the process of hair reduction is, and offer you a free test patch. Just in case you have never experienced anything like IPL before. It is a fast process with no pain. Our system has extensive cooling in the applicator to ensure client comfort.
3. During your consultation you will be given a full explanation and once all your questions have been answered and all the documentation is signed you will be able to start the treatments.
4. It is very important to avoid the sun for at least a week prior to your appointment, so now is the perfect time to start your treatments.
5. Please shave the area you would like treated, however, on the first treatment we really appreciate it if you can leave a small patch of hair about the size of 20 cent piece. This allows the therapist to really evaluate your hair type.
6. During the treatment, the therapist will apply a conductive gel to your skin, this cools the skin and conducts the light towards the hair follicle. IPL is made up of many different lights and covers many variations of colour from light brown to black hair. The light is attracted to the melanin (pigment) in the hair follicle.
7. Hair grows in cycles and can only be destroyed during the growth phase. That is why multiple treatments are required.
8. After your treatment please avoid training or swimming. If you work in an area that is very hot we recommend you have your treatment after work to allow at least 12-16 hours for your skin to cool. Even though you will not feel the heat during your treatment, your hair follicles have been heated to enable the process of destroying them to happen, so please do not add any extra heat to your body for 12 - 16 hours.
9. Depending on your metabolic rate, you will start to see hairs falling after 10 - 20 days, using a loufah on your skin can help to promote this.
10. The hair will look like it is growing as normal, this is because it is slowly moving up the hair follicle shaft to be expelled. You can shave as often as you like during the process, we do recemmend that you leave shaving for at least 2 - 3 days after the treatment. Allowing your skin time to cool and regenerate.
11. If you are a gym enthusiast, please be aware that excessive protein intake can increase your hair growth. Please discuss this with your therapist.